Sunday 19 April 2009

Another piece...

If you check out this blog occasionally you'll know I sometimes put up a one-off comic-strip page cartoon that serves no other purpose than being pretty random. But, I do have a plan of sorts whenever I draw these because I eventually plan to put them all together into one ginormous comic strip page that'll be poster-sized. I've already done four (there were five but I didn't like the way I'd drawn one of them) and this is the latest section. It's a re-drawn version of the first comic strip page I drew (the original didn't look right when put next to the others). I'm pretty proud of the bottom two panels in the left, where one of the vampires moves out of their sepia-film world (if you've ever seen the film 'Nosferatu', I used that as a guide) to get the blood in the full-colour panel, in what is a bit of a 'Pleasantville' moment. Took me ages to figure out how to get that right and even now I'm still not quite satisfied with it so it'll likely be re-jigged.
Anyway, I'm putting the first four pieces of the comic strip puzzle together and will have it up tomorrow in what will hopefully be an impressive piece of comic-strippery.

0 comments: