Saturday 6 June 2009

Rogues Gallery #2


The second in the rogue's gallery line-up, featuring The Scarecrow, The Penguin and Harvey 'Two-Face' Dent. As with the last picture I've taken my favourite bits from each villain's iteration and put them together in my own style. In the case of Scarecrow, I took the sack-cloth mask and hat from the comics, then added that to a suit as the Scarecrow wore in Batman Begins, adding sown up parts and patches and a cord of rope to hark back to the tatty scarecrow costume of the comics. The Penguin (who I've never really liked much) is more Burgess Meredith (who was The Penguin in the 60s show) than Danny De Vito. And Two-Face - who I drew based on The Dark Knight and Animated Series incarnations - took ages to get right, but I'm very happy with both faces. The whole thing about Two-Face is that if you put your finger over one side of his face you should be able to see a lost, innocent man, and if you cover the other you should be able to see pure rage.
As ever, let me know your opinion. A third rogue's gallery will appear soon, but I haven't settled on who to draw in it yet. If there's a Batman villain you like then let me know and I'll stick 'em in there.

0 comments: