Sunday 11 April 2010

A message for all you young Triassic whipper-snappers...

The third week of Grandpa T-Rex dailies starts tomorrow and honestly I never thought he would last this long, not because he's not funny, but because I thought I'd have run out of ideas by now. Yet every time I think I've done the last cartoon featuring him two more pop into my head. I'm glad. I've gotten quite attached to the old fossil. And the Venn Diagram of Pensioner/Dinosaur humour is a lot more tightly knit than you might have thought.

So with that in mind there'll be no limit to them, and they'll be posted daily for as long as I can keep coming up with them, which could be for another week, another month, or until I'm dead. I'm honestly not sure. Well, there'll definitely be another week after this - I've just done them. After that, who knows? What I am definitely certainly absolutely sure about it that the seven for this week are some of my favourites. There'll be...well, that would be telling, and I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say I think you'll enjoy them.

I must say, I don't think the series would have lasted past three cartoons without Granny Smedley. I get most of my 'Grandpa T-Rex' jokes from just normal conversations with my Gran, who through just talking about her day and her hip and what she had for tea and her hip and where she went last week and her hip, gives me lots of fuel for the prehistoric pensioner (thanks Granny Smedley!). I'm sure your old folks are the same. If you have a good 'grandparent/old person' saying or story you think is particularly good (most folks have at least one) then let me know, either in comments or email (to the right there), and there's every chance it'll end up as a Grandpa T-Rex cartoon in the very near future. You and your pensioner will, of course, get full props and credit for their hilarious antics.

That's all for now. There'll be a new 'Rob's Random 5' very soon, and there'll be some new 'Too Close For Comfort' cartoons later this week too, just in case you thought this cartoon blog was entirely dinosaur related.

1 comments:

Editor Cassandra said...

Yay for a Rob's Random Five! And MORE GRANDPA T-REX! YAYYYYY!