Tuesday 7 December 2010

Grandpa T-Rex...
...should not be allowed to use a debit card.


This actually happened to me not so long back, when I took my Grandma out for Sunday lunch and she insisted on paying. However, she said she wanted me to put her PIN number in for her as she had trouble pushing the buttons on the little card machine restaurants use. No matter how much I protested and said I would pay instead she wouldn't listen and ended up telling me her PIN. However, when the waiter came and I put the PIN in for her, it was wrong. "Why don't you just put it in Gran?" I said, handing her the card reader. "Oh no," she said VERY loudly, "you must have put it in wrong, it's 3466." (Just a side-note to any thieves, that's obviously not her PIN. I chose the number 3466 for this cartoon because on a phone keypad it spells out 'DINO'. Clever, no?). She then repeated the number, so loudly that the waiter and all the surrounding tables heard. Everyone was extremely embarrassed - except for Granny - and as I held my head in my hands I wished I'd had more wine with lunch.

2 comments:

The Writer said...

Poor Grannie! You turn her declining thought processes into some great comedy though!

Rob Smedley said...

Aww thanks HollyAnn! :)