Friday 25 January 2008

Giraffe (4/02/08)


If you're reading this before February 4th then you're getting a sneak peek at the next 'Courier' cartoon, you lucky thing you.
This one took me by surprise - and still does - because it's one that everyone finds funnier than I do. Everyone who's seen it likes it a lot. I just think it's vaguely funny, but I'm not one to disagree with my audience. It's one of two 'lost punch-line' jokes I've done, the other involving a sudden blizzard making pretty much the whole frame and the joke.
I also had to learn to draw a giraffe for this. My early efforts were laughable (and not in a good way), so I had to look at a picture of one to see how its legs were shaped. I'm rather pleased with the colouring on the body. It took forever to do but was well worth it.

0 comments: