Thursday 6 March 2008

You can't judge a book by its cover...


Remember that chivalrous book who offers his jacket to the other book while out on a date?
If you don't it doesn't matter (and if you want to refresh your memory, go look in the archive under 'Books'). But I like to think of this as the sequel of sorts, a couple fo months on when the relationship has gone bad and foolish Mr. Book has been caught cheating on his girlfriend.
It's not a complicated 'toon, but there's a few things I like about it: Miss Book wagging her finger accusingly, Mr. Book acting like he doesn't know what she's talking about, her hand on the place her hip would be (if books had hips - and no, I'm not going to make any spine jokes; I'm better than that)...there's a lot of emotion between those two tomes.
I came up with this one a while back and it's just been sitting in my sketching book, and I finally got round to drawing and inking it properly the other day. At one point I considered changing the joke to something along the theme of 'Reading between the lines', but then I thought of a better book-themed cartoon I can apply that to. The joke fits this one nicely I think. But as ever, I'm always listening to my audience, so let me know what you think about this and any others on the blog. And if you have any book-related jokes then let me know them too, cos books are easy to draw and ink - plus I'll give you due credit in the cartoon and the blog entry. What's not to love about that?

0 comments: