Thursday 6 March 2008

Just when you thought it was safe to blog...


Well I promised some new cartoons by the end of the week and they don't come much newer than this one. I was sitting in class this morning and suddenly had the idea for it. I don't know where it came from, it just popped into my head. I scribbled a quick sketch down so I wouldn't forget it, then quickly drew and inked it when I got home. So if you're reading this before 12:40 on Friday the 7th of March, the cartoon you can see is less than 24 hours old. I love it when stuff like this happens: it moves from a sudden idea to a realised cartoon in under 12 hours. And as I said, I have no idea where the inspiration came from. I was nowhere near a shark or an ocean or a beach - I was stuck in class and bored off my ass (yeah, I know that rhymed). It just goes to show that creativity can strike at the unlikeliest moments, and personally I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments: