Thursday 26 November 2009

I hear those mandibles are fake...

The Ladybirds of Bangkok...

First up, a very happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! (and even if you're not American, have a great day anyway. You deserve it).
And unless you've ever spent a Thanksgiving in Thailand watching a group of transvestites put on a stage show, this cartoon has absolutely nothing to do with the esteemed American holiday of thanks and friendship.
I must point out I have never been to Thailand, or indeed ever seen such a show (and really, nor would I ever want to. Ever.), but everyone I've ever encountered who has seen one enthuses about it and tells me that the productions values are very high and the show very entertaining. Still, no thanks. I'll stick to traditional theatre. Anyway, from information garnered from their anecdotes, this is the tamest cartoon I could come up with that would adequately convey the joke. Really, some of the stuff I've heard has put me off my dinner. And, weirdly, ever playing ping-pong again...

0 comments: