Thursday 4 February 2010

Existential Ink...

So Hourly Comic Book Day – in which people make a 'comic' for every hour they're awake - came and went. Cassie took part in it. I did not, although you might expect me, a cartoonist, to. But there we go. I didn't draw my life, partly because I do nothing of interest (3pm: watching Star Trek: Voyager. Really, you want to know that? Really? How boring must someone else's life be to be interested in that?) and also because I make fun of life, I don't document it. It's called 'Too Close For Comfort' for a reason. I keep Life at arms distance and point and laugh while it's trousers fall down. But mostly I didn't participate because, in documenting my little life, I see a fundamental problem with Hourly Comic Book Day...


And while my life may be boring and filled with nothing more than ink and vitriol, I'm not ready to stop existing just yet.

Add Image

0 comments: